Personal Profile:Ph.D. Ogino, Tsukasa
Tsukasa Ogino joined Canon, Inc. in 1986 and assigned to the Central Research Center. Engaged in the development of the new business products in hardware and software design. To start up the Internet service provider business, loaned to Fastnet, Inc. in 1996 and took director of Fastnet in 1999.
In 2000, joined Internet Research Institute, Inc. (IRI) and took its executive officer and President of Internet C&O, Inc (subsidiary of IRI). And took President and CEO of Ubiteq, Inc. in 2003, and achieved to be listed Ubiteq, Inc.（TSE JASDAQ6662）in June, 2005.
Retired as president of Ubiteq, Inc. in September 2014. After that, established ZeroOne Research Institute, LCC. to support start-up companies. We are investing in and supporting the management of companies that create "1" from "zero", centering on technical ventures with core technologies.
Trustee and Director of Japan Network Information Center in 2000 and Director of IPv6 Promotion Council of Japan to promote IPv6 popularization. Participated into the Green IT Project run by The University of Tokyo to make efforts realizing "willing to save more" system by IT. In particular, conducting research on energy saving using IT and people's "heat feeling".(The energy saving system with the Active Air- Conditioning Control Method utilizing adjustment behavior of occupants)
Since October, 2014, established Connected Consumer Device Security council (CCDS) and lead CCDS as Representative Director to promote the security for human life essential devices.Our CCDS are promoting the investigation of domestic/foreign guidelinesa and rules for embedded system security, and the formulation of useful guidelines through industry-academia collaboration.
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University (2004-2009), The Graduate School Advisory (2009-2011)
- Appointed Specially Appointed Professor, Unit of Synergetic Studies for Space, Kyoto University (2014-2020)
- Visiting Professor, Institute of Information Security (2018-)
- Part-time lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ryukyus (2019-)
- Part-time Lecturer, Information & Management Systems Engineering, Nagaoka University of Technology, (2020-)